Background

Sunday, June 1, 2014

DRCC Session 7 Class #9



While the Jubilee paper pack is definitively country, it's still versatile and even though I live in a city, there are tons of places to go that work with this paper pack. It does help that we have the World Famous Calgary Stampede every year though...

We went to the Calgary Corn Maze last fall and I got some great shots of the pig races, chasing after chickens, going in a cow tractor ride and my munchkin just being silly on the playground. I played up the country theme by using a somewhat patchwork layout on the right and accenting it with faux stitching. I played up the corn maze aspect by inking some Milepost shapes different colors and using arrows strategically. I also stamped the title a bit more creatively than normal, but I made it easier to read by using different colors. This is one of my favorite layouts so far for this session of classes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment