Background

Sunday, September 23, 2012

DRCC Session 4 Class #3


I really enjoyed making the flowers for this layout, they were really easy and I think add a great 3D effect with very little effort. The Flirty paper from CTMH went perfectly with Autum's dress in these pictures. 



When I initially stamped the title with the Keepsake Alphabet, it looked too plain. This alphabet includes very small words, 2 words per letter that start with the same letter, since adorable was one of the small words, I stamped it in bamboo as a background for my title. 


The 3D flowers were quite easy to make, if you have a scallop circle punch, some tissue paper and a brad, you're halfway done! I first folded my tissue paper so that I had 8 layers, then I punched a scalloped circle through all 8 layers. It was fairly easy since tissue paper is quite thin. Then I didn't have to mess around with punching 8 separate circles. You could also use a regular circle punch, which I did try, but it didn't give as much dimension as the scalloped circle does. 


Take all 8 circles and move them around a little bit so that they aren't all quite so perfectly lined up. Then secure to the layout where you want the flower to be using a brad. You can use any brad as you won't see it once you're done fluffing it up. 

Starting with the top circle of tissue paper, scrunch it up with your fingers towards the centre, around the brad. 

Continue with the second and third layers of tissue paper, scrunching it towards the centre. With each layer surrounding the previous one. Continue through the whole flower,  leaving at least the bottom layer intact so that it gives a full base. 


Then you're done and you have a very easy 3D flower in whatever color of tissue paper you have on hand. Takes about 2 minutes give or take.  



Here's a close up of the 3 I did on my layout above. 

No comments:

Post a Comment