Background

Sunday, October 14, 2012

DRCC Session 4 Class #6


I saw this layout and thought that the combination of the many patterned papers and the pennant design made this layout so interesting, yet so easy. It did make it a little bit harder to accessorize as I didn't want to make the layout even busier by over embellishing, so I decided to keep the 3D elements fairly simple, but spiced it up a bit with some heat embossing and striped stamping. This is an older paper pack from Making Memories called Spook Alley, but I paired it with CTMH card stock and inks.


I used black heat embossing to stamp these cute little pictures and this adorable saying, then I cut them out and adhered them with 3D foam tape.



To make the title striped, I first inked the word all over in the Sunset colour, if you are using different colours, stamp the lightest colour first. 


I then stamped a portion of the word using the very edge of the Smokey Plum ink pad or darker coloured ink. 


Then I stamped another stripe further up the stamp again, but held the lock with the stamp at an angle. 


I  repeated until I had a few stripes on my word stamp. 


Then I just stamped as normal on to the card stock. 

No comments:

Post a Comment