Background

Saturday, November 3, 2012

DRCC Session 4 Class #9


I had a great idea a couple of months ago to make a snowglobe using the treat cups from CTMH. The  execution of it was part trial and error, but I figured it out. I stamped my snowman and kids image on the twilight paper in white daisy ink. I then stamped and heat embossed in white the image again on chocolate paper, then I cut out the snowman and adhered it on top of the original snowman. I poured some glitter into the treat cup, removed the adhesive ring and then placed the twilight snowman scene onto the cup. I then cut the twilight paper around the treat cup, adhered a ring of white paper over the edges of the treat cup and then trimmed the white paper. 




Here is a close up of the snowglobe. I made the stand by rounding the corners of a rectangle of chocolate paper and then punched out a very small semi circle using the circle punch in the centre so that it appears as though it's cradling the globe. To add some sparkle to the layout I found some glittery foam snowflakes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment