Background

Monday, March 11, 2013

DRCC Session 5 Class #7


I used the Surf's Up paper pack this week for my beachy layout. I wanted to tie everything together and add lots of summer elements, so I stamped some surfboards and cut them out to go with my title. I also added some words at the bottom right to add to the overall theme. As well, I inked the umbrella on the top left side in the Sorbet color and then colored the pole with a Desert Sand marker so I would have the 2 colors once I stamped my image. After I stamped it on the page, I then colored in any missing areas with the marker. I added some ribbon to the bottom and cut out some waves and a surfer from the paper and popped the image up with 3D foam tape.












I got my inspiration for parts of this layout from the latest CTMH Idea Book. There is a mini album that had a sun on one end of it and it gave me a great idea to do the same thing with this hidden journalling piece on the left side of the page. I created a template by freehanding a semi-circle on an extra piece of paper, cutting it out and then tracing it onto the folded piece of paper that would be my sun. I then took a circle punch and punched out semi-circles, making sure to overlap the edges so that I had the rays of sun. I then adhered the bottom half of the sun with the fold to the outer edge of the page. To secure the open side of the sun to the page, I used a clear tab with a blue brad to anchor it, this way it doesn't distract from the sun, but my flap doesn't stick up.


I also made a template for the inside journalling area, but I left it in the oval shape so that it still looked like a sun when it's open. 


I used the new clear 3D flowers to add some more dimension. I colored them first by sponging them with White Daisy ink and Lagoon ink. The color seems to have stayed pretty well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment