Background

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DRCC Session 5 Class #9



For anyone who is visiting my blog from outside of Calgary, you should know that for the first half of July, everyone gets decked out in cowboy boots and hats for the Greatest Outdoor Show on Earth - the Calgary Stampede. If you've never been, it's a really great time and lots of fun. These are some pictures from my son's first visit to the grounds. I used the Sweet Home paper pack, it's quite old, but my dear sister found me some extra paper so I thought it lent a nice quaint western look to my page. I did use the new Kraft paper for the base pages as well as the die cuts. I added some wooden buttons for embellishing as well as stitching the hemp on the bottom of the right page. I cheated and just used a pen to create the stitching on the edges of the base page. 


I had fun with the title. This die cut was from the Farm Life Slice Cartridge. It originally had a lasso extending from the cowboy's arm, but I wanted to put my title inside of the loop so I trimmed it off and used hemp to double as rope. I glued the hemp to the edge of the oval piece of cardstock and then put my title on the inside. I then popped it up on my page using 3D foam. 





No comments:

Post a Comment