Background

Sunday, March 1, 2015

Scrapaholics Unite Session 2 Class 5


Yes I still have some of this bulk paper left! Some of my students who love winter layouts will definitely want this one. This is old paper from CTMH, but definitely one of their best designs and I have used it several times for classes, this is Aspen. I think that the colors are what works as well as the design. It makes this paper timeless and that is always desirable. The cuts are pretty simple, but the title is a bit more difficult. I've broken down the steps below in case you want to repeat it at home. To accent the layout, I found this great paper garland with sparkle circles on it and I just stamped some winter images along the bottom and made a pair of mittens from the Artist Cricut cartridge and adhered them using some grey and white bakers twine and 3D foam tape. This layout is all about the title so I hope you like it!

Step 1: Stamp title with dark color, I used Outdoor Denim
Step 2: Randomly stamp different snowflake stamps in 2nd darkest color, I used Twilight
Step 3: Stamp more random snowflakes using the lightest color, I used Crystal Blue
Step 4: Using a different and smaller snow flake stamp, stamp accent flakes using the accent color, I used Creme Brulee. I also used an even smaller snow flake stamp and did second generation stamping using Outdoor Denim to fill in some holes. 

Step 5: Cut out each letter and adhere to layout using 3D foam tape

No comments:

Post a Comment