Background

Sunday, April 2, 2017

Scrapaholics Unite Session 6 Class 9


In honour of our Country's 150th birthday this year, I came up with this Canada Day layout. I created my own stamp word puzzle for the red strip on the right with some phrases and pictures from a couple Canada stamp sets I have. I fit the stamps together into a square and then stamped in a brick pattern. To add some pattern, I used the Magical paper pack from last year's Seasonal Expressions catalogue. For the mountie, I stamped a mask of the mountie and then stamped a quote for the background on white cardstock for the bottom of the left page, I then separately stamped the mountie on white using red ink and cut the image out. I adhered only the part of the mountie that went onto the cardstock so that I can slide my picture in later. I curved the O Canada stamp set to fit on the ribbon cut out from the Cricut. I stamped a flag and some fireworks on the base page and made the fireworks glitter with the gold shimmer brush. I completed the layout with some red and white gems and ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment