Background

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Scrapaholics Unite Session 6 Class 8






With spring break happening this week, Easter is right around the corner. This super cute bunny stamp set was the February stamp of the month. I paired it with the Dreamin' Big floral paper. For the title, I stamped it multiple times in Whisper gray and once in Poppy red to make it pop. I coloured in the flowers on the top border stamp to add some colour. I added accents to the patterned paper on the right side and then completed that side with the cute "There's nobunny like you" stamp. 
I have made this layout with an optional advanced technique which I detail in the steps below by stamping on Washi tape and then cutting out and placing on top of the original stamps. 

First, select washi tape that is wide enough for the portion of the stamp that will be cut out. 
Place the washi tape on wax paper and stamp the portion on the stamp onto it using archival black or Staz-on ink.


Cut out most of the stamp, leaving part of the image uncut. Then peel off of the wax paper and finish cutting the washi tape. If you do not remove the partially cut image prior to finishing the cutting, it makes it very hard to peel afterwards - I tested and tried and failed twice before realizing this so please heed my words!

Adhere the cut out piece directly on top of the fully stamped image. I'm loving the pattern and dimension these cute shirts lend my little rabbit family. 

This is the layout prior to adding the washi tape shirts. This is the easier layout and just as cute as it only requires stamping and a bit of colouring on the top border of the flowers. I should mention I forgot to add the buttons prior to taking the picture so please be aware that the buttons are still part of the layout. As an alternative, you can also stamp Happy Spring instead of Happy Easter or another saying. 

No comments:

Post a Comment