Background

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

DRCC Session #5 class 3


As you might have noticed, this is class #3 and you might be thinking that I have forgotten to post #2, well no - I'm just waiting to get a picture to add to the layout that is currently in my moms computer that is being fixed (it's got influenza, or some kind of virus). I'll try to get it posted soon, with or without the pic. It's a cute layout using the Tommy paper. 



On to this week's layout, I've used the Claire paper pack. The small squares were easy to modify by rounding 2 of the corners. I copied that aspect with the larger piece in the middle as well as the word puzzle "journaling" piece. 

To give some more whimsy to the page I added to border on the top and bottom using this cute loop border stamp set. It somewhat mirrors the design on the zip strip that I placed on top of the new Outdoor Denim Chevron ribbon that goes across the page. You can see the zip strip and the Chevron ribbon better on the close up pics below. 



To create the word puzzle, I first stamped the 2 corners with the looped stamp so that I would know where to place my words. I then arranged the stamps with the common theme (party) on the piece of paper, moving certain ones around until I had a good fit. I filled in one blank area with a flourish stamp as the space was too small for a word.


I placed one of my bigger blocks on top of the arranged stamps in order to ink them as one. I wanted to do the "It's a Party" stamp in Outdoor Denim, so I removed it from the block, but left the space so that I could fill it in later. 



I then stamped the word puzzle in colonial white and then stamped the missing "It's a Party!" stamp in the blue in the space I had left so that it stood out more. 

This is a great alternative to traditional journaling especially if you don't have a lot to say about the occasion. The clear acrylic stamps make it very easy to arrange and see how all of the stamps will fit. It's also wonderful for a card, I've made several birthday cards using this technique. 

No comments:

Post a Comment