Background

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Scrapaholics Unite Session 5 Class 2



I had some leftover paper from previous classes that I thought would come together quite nicely for a fall layout. This layout is using 4 different paper packs, but all with a common colour, Sunset. I have also used Cocoa, Pomegranate and Slate to bring in the secondary colours throughout the paper packs. I have to say that I'm quite impressed with how everything came together. I also chose to use the September stamp of the month, Blessed Beyond Measure, which has this super cute pumpkin and some adorable thankful sayings on it. I used the CTMH Artbooking cartridge for the leaves, vine and pumpkin, then used the Artistry cartridge for the title. I added fall words around the edge of the blocks to frame everything in. See below for a quick and easy step by step on my multi-toned leaves. 


Supplies needed: 2 inks and a sponge.
First, you sponge the lighter coloured ink all over the leaf. I used Sunset here. 
Take the darker colour (Pomegranate) and ink around the edges of the leaf leaving the centre the Sunset colour. Also concentrate more of the ink to the edge of the leaf by going over the outsides more than once until the desired blending is achieved. 


No comments:

Post a Comment