Background

Friday, March 3, 2017

Scrapaholics Unite Session 6 Class 5


In my wish for warmer weather and to be able to be outside for longer than 10 minutes without freezing, I created this cute BBQ/Picnic layout. This is the Dreamin Big paper pack and I love the use of the Poppy red, Slate grey and Juniper colours together. I played up the red a bit more in this layout because I always think of a red checked table cloth for a picnic. 

I only used one side of the patterned paper as I will be using the opposite side, a beautiful floral, in an upcoming class (maybe with some cute bunnies on it...). To add some dimension, I embossed the long Poppy strips with the Wood Slats folder to make it look like a picnic table. In order to get the entire strip embossed, I did one half, then flipped the paper and embossed the other half. Because it's an uneven pattern and it's going to be covered up eventually, I didn't worry about the middle section aligning. 

I made the title block using Cricut Craft Room and the Artistry Cartridge. It was super easy to size the title and to then also cut the rectangle to the correct proportions. The far right block I just stamped a BBQ and a few accessories, but you can leave it blank for journalling or place another picture there. I then added the Poppy twine. 

To complete the layout, I cut up some words from the zipstrip and added some sequins in the bottom right

No comments:

Post a Comment